Less starving. More artist.
Manhattan Edit Workshop's Six Week Intensive Course in the art and technique of editing is a comprehensive jump-start for anyone serious about a career in post-production.
In addition to certified training in Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, FCPX and After Effects, we devote time each day to film theory; covering the history & evolution of editing technique, as well as the aesthetics of narrative, short-form, comedy and documentary. You’ll not only learn the tools – you’ll understand why we use them. Please click here to read about our program as featured in Post Magazine online.
- Learn the leading industry tools: Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, FCPX and After Effects.
- Work with top editors in our Artist in Residence Program. Recent Artists in Residence include: Susan Morse, ACE (Manhattan, The Purple Rose of Cairo), Alexander Hall (Treme, True Detective, The Messenger), Jay Rabinowitz, ACE (Requiem for a Dream, I'm Not There), Malcolm Jamieson (Treme, Mad Men, Thor 2: The Dark Age), Peter Frank, ACE (Blue Bloods, Cadillac Records), Craig McKay, ACE (Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia), Jean Tsien, ACE (Dixie Chicks: Shut Up & Sing, Travis), Anne McCabe, ACE(Adventureland, Nurse Jackie), Harry Keramidas, ACE (Back to the Future I, II, III).
- Create a professional editors portfolio and build your own website to showcase your work.
- Participate in Manhattan Edit WorkForce and connect to at least twenty-five* post facilities, instantly. Read about this program as featured on Apple.com. Actual number of post-production facilities may be higher.
- Take the FCP X ($200 value) and the MC 101 & MC 110 user exams ($150 value each) FREE!**
- Certified Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer and Apple FCP X instruction included in every Six Week Intensive!
- We guarantee that you cut on your own workstation for the duration of the class. Students never share a station.
- Get exclusive Six Week Alumni discounts on Mewshop workshops and events.
Whether just starting out in a new career, switching gears from an old one, or pursuing your own creative goals, the Six Week Intensive helps you develop the practical tools you need every day, and the foundation of your voice as a visual artist.
Six Week Intensives are Monday through Friday 10AM -5PM. The classroom will also be open to Six Week students Monday - Friday from 5pm - 6pm for lab time (schedule permitting.)
Course cost: $5,850
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
2015 Course Dates:
- September 14, 2015 - October 23, 2015 - 7 Spots Remaining!
- November 2, 2015 - December 11, 2015
- January 4, 2016 - February 12, 2016
- February 29, 2016 - April 8, 2016
- April 25, 2016 - June 3, 2016
- June 20, 2016 - July 29, 2016
- September 12, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- November 7, 2016 - December 16, 2016
Private student loans are available for courses totaling more than $2,500. Students may take a combination of courses together or a single course that equals that amount. All students must fill out the appropriate loan application through Manhattan Edit Workshop. All plans are designed around students on a case-by-case basis, but must be paid off within 6-24 months. Please call 212-414-9570 or email email@example.com for details about our payment plans available.
To receive additional information or to submit inquiries about the Six Week Intensive Workshop click here or call 212-414-9570.
Manhattan Edit Workshop will be closed and the Six Week Intensive will not hold classes on the following dates to observe National holidays: November 26 - 27, 2015, May 30, 2016, July 4, 2016, and November 24 - 25, 2016. These dates will not be made up for the class.
*Actual number of post-production facilities may be higher. **Certification tests must be redeemed within 30 days and taken on-site.
Former Manhattan Edit Workshop Six-Week student Joe Schuck talks about his experiences with Mewshop's Six Week Intensive Program. He talks about his work after the class at MLB.com and on television shows such as "True Life, Best Funeral Ever," "The First 48," and his current job editing Discovery Channel's hit show "Alaskan Bush People."
Former Manhattan Edit Workshop Six-Week student Jose Berrios talks about his experiences with Mewshop's Six Week Intensive Program. Jose is currently Post-Production Supervisor for "Alaskan Bush People," the hit series on Discovery Channel. In the past he has served as Assistant Editor on "Alaskan Bush People," "Best Funeral Ever," and "Houston Beauty." Before working in Reality Television, Jose worked for MLB.com as a Game Night Editor.