March 29, 2017 - March 31, 2017
April 26, 2017 - April 28, 2017
May 24, 2017 - May 26, 2017
June 26, 2017 - June 28, 2017
July 12, 2017 - July 14, 2017
August 23, 2017 - August 25, 2017
September 27, 2017 - September 29, 2017
October 18, 2017 - October 20, 2017
November 08, 2017 - November 10, 2017
» See the full calendar
Pro Tools 110
Pro Tools Fundamentals II - $1,395
Our three-day Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) course expands upon the basic principles taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course and introduces the core concepts and skills students need to competently operate a Pro Tools system running mid-sized sessions.
This course covers Pro Tools concepts and techniques that range from beginner to intermediate-level. Students learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing, and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up sessions, working with digital video, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, working with virtual instruments, warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using submixes and groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with the first course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools.
Who is this class for?
Musicians, Audio Engineers, and Sound Editors for Film or Television.
- Completion of the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course, or equivalent experience
- Ability to create sessions, select appropriate session parameters, use Edit modes and tools effectively, set Grid and Nudge values, create and recall memory locations, navigate tracks and media, create Edit selections using a variety of common techniques, use plug-ins for signal processing and virtual instruments, create a basic mix, and use basic automation techniques
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialized plug-ins for specific music
- Utilize advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession
- Analyze Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilize Elastic Audio techniques MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective during a session post-production tasks automation
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
To download course outline click here.
Three-Day intensives are from 10am-6pm. Each student gets their own workstation.
Want to see the program before you take a class? Click here for a free Avid Pro Tools 30 - day Trial from Avid!
Certification cost: Included when you take both PT 101 & PT 110 courses