February 18, 2017 - February 19, 2017
March 11, 2017 - March 12, 2017
April 24, 2017 - April 25, 2017
May 22, 2017 - May 23, 2017
June 24, 2017 - June 25, 2017
July 10, 2017 - July 11, 2017
August 21, 2017 - August 22, 2017
September 25, 2017 - September 26, 2017
October 16, 2017 - October 17, 2017
November 06, 2017 - November 07, 2017
» See the full calendar
Pro Tools 101
Pro Tools Fundamentals I - $1,095
Our two-day Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown.
Students learn to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments. Hands-on exercises and projects introduce essential techniques for creating sessions, recording and importing audio and MIDI, editing session media, navigating sessions and arranging media on tracks, and using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalize a production. Included with the course material is a download of media files and Pro Tools sessions to accompany the exercises and projects in the text.
Together with the second course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), this course provides the foundation training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools Exam.
Who is this class for?
This course is designed for both new and experienced Pro Tools users seeking to build a solid foundational understanding of the software.
- No experience with Avid Pro Tools software is required
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh or operating systems
- Basic audio recording and DAW knowledge, such as a familiarity with microphones, understanding of basic audio and MIDI recording techniques, knowledge of basic multi-track mixing concepts (such as setting levels and panning), and familiarity with digital audio equipment such as MIDI controllers and audio interfaces
- Create a Pro Tools session with appropriate parameter settings
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools session
- Incorporate proper recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files
- Analyze and interpret session file structures
- Recognize and navigate the user interface and tool set Pro Tools environment
To download course outline click here.
Each student gets their own workstation. Two-Day intensives are from 10am-6pm.
Want to see the program before you take a class? Click here for a free Avid Pro Tools 30 - day Trial from Avid!
Certification cost: Included when you take both PT 101 & PT 110 courses