April 08, 2017 - April 09, 2017
May 20, 2017 - May 21, 2017
June 17, 2017 - June 18, 2017
July 15, 2017 - July 16, 2017
August 19, 2017 - August 20, 2017
September 23, 2017 - September 24, 2017
October 21, 2017 - October 22, 2017
November 18, 2017 - November 19, 2017
December 09, 2017 - December 10, 2017
» See the full calendar
MC 110 (Weekend Version)
Effects Essentials with Media Composer - $1,095
MC 110 certification test is now FREE with this course!
Our MC 110 class is offered as a $995 weekend course (material is compressed into two-days with less lab time) OR a $1,295 three-day course that introduces the concepts of nonlinear editing and includes all basic features of the Avid Media Composer system for Macintosh. Media Composer Fundamentals II (MC110) is for video editors who understand the basics of the editing tools in Media Composer and are ready to move ahead and learn the fundamentals of creating effects within Avid Media Composer, the non-linear film/video editing application used in most movie and television productions.
An intermediate course, this course is designed to teach students the technical and organization skills of an assistant editor, and develop their editorial skills with the tools and techniques required to produce a well-edited video. From using dynamic trim techniques to shape the actor’s performances in a dramatic scene, to quickly assembling a news package to meet deadline, this course empowers novice users to take their Media Composer skills to the next level. Class projects and exercises are hands-on, giving students the opportunity to work on an unscripted documentary project, as well as a scripted comedy scene.
This course provides a solid foundation in Media Composer video effects capabilities and in conjunction with the Media Composer Fundamentals I (MC101) course, will prepare you to earn the credential of Avid Certified User (Media Composer).
Who is this class for?
Editors, Assistant editors, and Multimedia producers.
- Completion of the course Media Composer Fundamentals I (MC101)
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh operating systems
- Experience video production or post-production is strongly recommended
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create custom project sizes, including larger than HD (2K, 4K, etc)
- Understand the operational implications of working in larger-than-HD projects
- Link to media files and copy, consolidate or transcode the media, as needed
- Synchronize video and audio from separate sources
- Organize project bins using common industry conventions
- Quickly assemble a scene using storyboard editing, plus Top, Tail and Extend
- Use various search tools to locate a desired clip
- Create multiple versions of a sequence to track the creative process.
- Utilize Media Composer’s best-in-class trim tools to dynamically adjust the pacing of a scene
- Adjust Clip Gain, and utilize Pan and Volume automation to create and integrated audio mix.
- Create pan-and-zoom style “camera” moves over still images or video.
- Solve common image problems with effects to stabilize the image, blur faces and logos, and erase unwanted jump cuts
- Create freeze-frames, slow-motion and TimeWarp effects
- Use multilayer effects to create split-screens, superimposed images, and more
- Composite video elements using the SpectraMatte effect to create a chroma-key.
- Intelligently render effects sequences to improve playback performance
- Create animated titles using NewBlue Titler Pro
- Selectively delete unwanted render files to keep the media drives clutter-free
- Understand how to correctly backup project files and associated media files
- Restore lost work using Avid’s autosave feature
- Relink media files
- Resolve common technical issues, including “Media Offline”
- Identify and adjust common Settings to increase efficiency and avoid complications
- Output the finished program according to common broadcast delivery standards
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
Weekend and Three-day intensives are from 10am-6pm. The weekend class is a $995 compressed version of the class with less lab time. The Three-day class is $1,295 and spread out over three days only offered during the week.
Please click here to see our MC 101/110: Media Composer Fundamentals I & II bundle week long workshop.
Please click here to see our MC 101: Media Composer Fundamentals I workshop.
Cost: $1,095 (includes Avid Certified Courseware)
Certification cost: Included with Workshop