April 01, 2017 - April 02, 2017
April 03, 2017 - April 04, 2017
May 01, 2017 - May 02, 2017
May 06, 2017 - May 07, 2017
June 03, 2017 - June 04, 2017
June 19, 2017 - June 20, 2017
July 08, 2017 - July 09, 2017
July 17, 2017 - July 18, 2017
August 05, 2017 - August 06, 2017
August 14, 2017 - August 15, 2017
September 11, 2017 - September 12, 2017
September 16, 2017 - September 17, 2017
October 02, 2017 - October 03, 2017
October 14, 2017 - October 15, 2017
November 04, 2017 - November 05, 2017
November 13, 2017 - November 15, 2017
December 02, 2017 - December 03, 2017
» See the full calendar
Media Composer Fundamentals I - $1,095
MC 101 certification test is now FREE with this course!
NEW CLASS!!! Media Composer Fundamentals I (MC101) is the first step in achieving confidence, creativity, and efficiency with Avid Media Composer, the non-linear film/video editing application used in most movie and television productions. Together with the second course in the series, Media Composer Fundamentals II (MC110), this course provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified User | Media Composer.
Media Composer Fundamentals I is an introductory course designed to get a new user up-and-running on the software. In this course, students develop an understanding of the video editing process and the basic skills to edit a video project from start to finish. This includes understanding the relationship between media and project files, media storage location, the abilities to create the project file; bring in the source video and audio files; edit the sequence, add titles, music, and basic effects, and then export the finished sequence.
Who is this class for?
Editors, Assistant editors, and Multimedia producers.
- No experience with Avid Media Composer is necessary
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh or operating systems
- A background or experience in editing, production, or post-production is recommended
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Launch Media Composer
- Identify and understand the function of the primary Media Composer tools and windows
- Create / open a project using standard SD and HD formats
- Import / Link to media
- Create project bins, as needed
- Organize clips by moving them from one bin to another
- Create a sequence, and add or remove tracks as needed
- Add clips to the sequence using Splice and Overwrite, or equivalent SmartTool functions
- Remove sequence material using Lift and Extract, or equivalent SmartTool functions
- Use Trim mode and SmartTool trim tools to change the length of sequence clips
- Adjust the audio level (clip gain) of clips in the sequence
- Add basic effects to sequence clips
- Add transition effects to the sequence
- Create and add static titles
- Use automatic color correction to improve the appearance of video clips
- Export the finished sequence as a high-quality video file, or for uploading to the web
- Adjust basic settings relating the media creation and user preferences
- Locate Media Composer project and media files
- Delete unwanted media files, and all media at the completion of the edit process
This course is also appropriate for Avid Symphony users. To download course outline click here.
Each student gets their own workstation. Two-Day intensives are from 10am-6pm.
Want to see the program before you take a class? Click here for a free Avid Media Composer 30 - day Trial from Avid!
Please click here to see our MC 101/110: Media Composer Fundamentals I & II bundle week long workshop.
Please click here to see our MC 110: Media Composer Fundamentals II workshop.
Cost: $1,095 (includes Avid Certified Courseware and MC 101 certification test)
Certification cost: Included with Workshop