July 25, 2016 - July 26, 2016
» See the full calendar
ICA 201: Advanced Colorist Strategies with DaVinci Resolve
This class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish not only looking at Resolve, but also using general colorist strategies. You will be able to keep the project and stills, a great way to continue your learning.
What You Will Learn in ICA 201:
- Start with dailies. Grade a look for editing from the RAW camera files
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render ProRes or DNxHD for offline editing, H264 for the web
- Export and XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere. How to roundtrip successfully
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- V12 editing page explained
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie
- Swap to the RAW camera files
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- Primary grading. 3 way color corrector, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using the split screen mode
- Plugin FXs, is this for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and animating
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media
- Fix audio and Optical flow issues
- Using the new RGB node
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709/DCP
NEW DATES!! July 25 -26, 2016, Monday - Tuesday (10am - 6pm)
Space is limited! Click here to register (This class is under the two-day drop down menu).
Prospective students can bundle the ICA 101 and ICA 201 and receive 10% off the total price (Regular Price - $2,590.00, With Bundle Discount $2,331.00!!) Please indicate in the comments section of the registration page that you are taking more than one class and would like to receive the bundle price when registering.
To view the ICA 101: An Introduction to Colorist Strategies with Resolve workshop, click here.
The course will be ICA certified with all students getting a certificate.
DaVinci Resolve 12.5 combines the world’s most advanced color corrector with professional multi track editing, so now you can edit, color correct, finish and deliver all from one system! Davinci Resolve is completely scalable and resolution independent so it can be used on set, in a small studio or integrated into the largest Hollywood production pipeline! Only DaVinci Resolve features the creative tools, compatibility, speed and legendary image quality you need to manage your entire workflow, which is why it is the number one solution used on Hollywood feature films.
You get scrubbable media thumbnails to speed up shot selection, production metadata fields for entering on set shot notes and larger color control palettes to give faster access to grading tools. There are also new clear graphical palettes for control of power windows, keys, sizing, tracking and stabilization, camera raw and data burn ins.
About Warren Eagles: Warren has been grading for over 20 years, and is now living in Australia, He is available for both short and longform contracts and happy working on commercials and movies, drama or music using Resolve, 2K plus, Apple Color and Bones Dailies. He specializes in short term cover and often goes straight from the airport to a room full of clients. He enjoys the challenges of working on different types of projects with new clients in new environments.
Now working as a freelance Colorist in Australia, he splits his time between grading and training throughout Asia. He has a lot of experience on a number of grading systems including Apple “Color” where he has worked on both series of the channel 10 cop series “Rush”.
About The ICA: The International Colorist Academy (ICA) has been founded by colorists, Kevin Shaw and Warren Eagles who between them have over 50 years of grading experience in all forms of the Color Correction industry. They can also boast over 25 years of training and demo experience. Kevin, and Warren are currently working Colorists who have pooled their valuable experience in grading Commercials, DI, music and Drama projects, to create hands on colorist training courses.
The ICA will offer worldwide specific Colorist training. The way we color images and the tools we use have changed dramatically in recent times. Colorists are now emerging from many different areas of our industry some even coming from outside the industry. Until now new colorists could hunt for a book or follow a DVD, but what these didn’t give you was real world experience. That’s about to change….. ICA have formulated different types of training courses dependent on your needs.
Official Class Sponsor:
Certification cost: NA