February 27, 2017 - March 01, 2017
March 24, 2017 - March 26, 2017
April 26, 2017 - April 28, 2017
May 15, 2017 - May 17, 2017
June 23, 2017 - June 25, 2017
July 26, 2017 - July 28, 2017
August 14, 2017 - August 16, 2017
September 06, 2017 - September 08, 2017
November 20, 2017 - November 22, 2017
December 27, 2017 - December 29, 2017
» See the full calendar
Final Cut Pro 101
An Introduction to Final Cut Pro X - $1,200
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. This three-day*, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
What You Will Learn:
• Creating Smart Collections to organize media based on metadata and keywords.
• Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
• Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
• Finetuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
• Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
• Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
• Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
• Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
• Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
Want to set-up and use the program before you take a class? Click here for a free FCPX 30 - day Trial from Apple!
Certification cost: $150 with workshop