February 09, 2017 - February 11, 2017
March 09, 2017 - March 11, 2017
April 13, 2017 - April 14, 2017
June 21, 2017 - June 23, 2017
August 28, 2017 - August 30, 2017
September 21, 2017 - September 22, 2017
December 04, 2017 - December 06, 2017
» See the full calendar
El Capitan 201: OS X Server Essentials
Mac OS X Server Essentials is a three-day course designed to give technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses Mac OS X Server. Students learn how to install and configure Mac OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, authentication, and printing. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying Mac OS X and software updates are also covered. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
This course is designed for help-desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using Mac OS X Server.
What You Will Learn
• The features of Server 5 for OS X
• How to configure essential services on Mac OS X Server
• How to use Mac OS X Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
• Effective use of Mac OS X Server to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
• How to manage access to files and services
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
• Understanding of Mac OS X
• Experience with Mac OS X in a network environment
• Basic troubleshooting experience or El Capitan 101
You can view our El Capitan 101 Mac Support Essential Class by clicking here.
To download course outline click here.
Three-day workshops are 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday. Each student gets their own workstation.
Certification cost: NA