March 06, 2017 - March 10, 2017
April 10, 2017 - April 14, 2017
May 08, 2017 - May 12, 2017
June 12, 2017 - June 16, 2017
July 24, 2017 - July 28, 2017
August 07, 2017 - August 11, 2017
September 18, 2017 - September 22, 2017
October 09, 2017 - October 13, 2017
» See the full calendar
El Capitan 101 + 201: Bootcamp 10.11
The El Capitan Bootcamp 10.11 is a combined delivery of the El Capitan 101 and the El Capitan 201 courses. The OS X Support Essentials 10.11 Exam is included with the class. This five-day hands-on course provides an in-depth exploration of functionality and troubleshooting on OS X and the best methods for effectively supporting users of OS X systems.
This course also gives technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, authentication, and printing. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying OS X and software updates are also covered.
This course is designed for help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using Mac OS X Server or support Mac users, technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs for general productivity or creative design, and technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running Mac OS X — such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs.
What You Will Learn
• The troubleshooting process and how to become more efficient with available tools and resources
• Mac OS X features in depth, including how to find additional information
• How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional certification
• The features of Server 5 for Mac OS X
• How to configure essential services on Mac OS X Server
• How to use Mac OS X Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
• Effective use of Mac OS X Server to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
• How to manage access to files and services
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
• Basic OS X knowledge
• Basic troubleshooting experience
• Experience with OS X in a network environment
To download the course outline click here.
Five-day workshops are 10am - 6pm. Each student gets their own workstation.
Certification cost: OS X Support Essentials Exam is Included with course