Manhattan Edit Workshop’s Digital Cinema Bootcamp is a hands-on weekend workshop covering the shooting techniques, helpful tricks, infinite accessories and known workflow solutions for these amazing new digital cinema filmmaking tools.
Through hands-on exercise and demonstration, instructors Josh Apter of MEW and Jem Schofield of theC47 will lead you through camera set-up, shooting and workflows with the most popular DSLR and Digital Cinema Cameras on the market.
Among the topics covered:
- DSLR/Digital Cinema Camera Operation
- Best shooting practices, shortcomings and workarounds
- Shooting digital to look like film - a matter of light and depth
- Single & Double-System sound and audio recording techniques
- Camera support systems and “tricking out” your camera system
- Lenses, adapters and how to use them.
- Production to Post Workflows
Our Next Class Will Feature These Large Sensor Camera Systems:
- Canon 5DMKIII
- Canon C100
- Digital Bolex*
Class & Practical Assignments run Saturday, September 7th from 9am - 6pm & Sunday September 8th, 2013 from 10am - 5pm
Lunch will be provided on both Saturday & Sunday.
Saturday - Day One
9:00 - 10:00AM
- Workshop Outline
- What is DSLR & Digital Cinema?
10:00AM - 1:00PM
- Support Systems
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 3:00PM
- Shooting Outdoors
- Shooting Assignments
3:00 - 6:00PM
Sunday - Day Two
10:00AM - 11:00AM
- Production to Post Overview
- Footage Review
11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Lighting, Shooting & Conducting Interviews Pt. 1
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 4:00PM
- Lighting, Shooting & Conducting Interviews Pt. 2
4:00PM - 5:00PM
- Q & A
NEW DATES: September 7th & 8th, 2013!!
Early Bird Cost: $399 (Sign up by August 15th, 2013!!!)
Normal Course Cost: $549
Please inquire about special rate for students and educators.
Registration is under "Special Workshops" on the registration page. Register here.
Class size is limited to 16 students.
Students are encouraged to bring their own DSLR or Digital Cinema Camera (we can recommend inexpensive rentals).
Please indicate which camera you intend on using in the comments box.
*The Digital Bolex is scheduled to be shipping in time for the workshop and may not be available in time for use in this class.